Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FPSO Ningaloo Vision, Western Australia.

After the Kupe project I got a position on the FPSO
Ningaloo Vision.
.
Ningaloo Vision leaving Singapore for Western Australia.
.
Diagram of the FPSO operation.

A tanker attached to our stern, ready for the off take
of crude oil.
. The operator preparing for the off take.
.
The tender boat taking the off take line to the tanker.
.
Port side on the Ningaloo Vision
.
Crude Oil being off loaded via the floating off take line.
.
The Helicopter coming in with a crew change.
.
View off the starboard bow. Lots of activity here.
.
The Super Puma used to fly us to the Ningaloo Vision
from Leamonth in WA.

9 comments:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

awesome!

Marby said...

Cracks me up, the operators pretty yellow umbrella in all that manly machinery!

robatrhema said...

Yellow is a good colour to be seen in when all around you is drab.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uKUJj9VMJpA/SMxVeia8C0I/AAAAAAAACaY/5R_xN59t7P0/s400/Kid+Flash+panel.bmp

robatrhema said...

hmm. for some reason it didn't like my Kid Flash hyperlink. Ah well. Google will always be there to help

Wes said...

you look familiar to me,
I was in Ningaloo vision from January to June as DCS Engineer (mostly assigned inside the PCR/CCR)
anyway nice pic..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all these photos of NV, Kev. I went offshore on her for the first time not too long ago, and I loved that a quick search brought me to your post (so that I could provide a link to it).

Cheers!

Peggy Houston, TX said...

Very interesting - thanks for the pics. How long does it take to offload the oil - that line looks little!

Unknown said...

I was the Company Rep. during construction of several of the topsides of the Ningaloo Vision. Good to see it in one piece and working after some of the fusterclucks in Singapore.

Andrew C said...

Hi Kev,
I remember meeting you on there. It's good to see that the old girl is still going after so long.