Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Syama Mine Site, Mali. Nov.06 to July 07.


Official opening of the project.


Malian army were present during the official opening by
the President.

Malian hunter, was used for site security.


Standing near the airstrip with ore stock pile behind.


Team working on the crane.

Rigging the Manitawoc 4100.


Removing old tower crane.


Cutting off the counter weight arm.


Top of the tower crane.


Our quad bikes with coca cola tool boxes mounted on them.


Malians cleaning out a floatation tank.


View of the main part of the plant.


My Malian team.


Working on the Jaw crusher.


Eric, the crane driver from Ghana.


George, a rigger from Ghana. He could climb like a monkey.


Supervising can be tough going at times.


3 Kiwi's with the Ghanaian & Malian workers.


Dismantling this unwanted building.


My Ghanaian friends. Spot the white dude.


A couple of interesting characters I worked with.
(The hecklers from the Muppets)


We constructed this new water tank for the camp.My guys
really enjoyed learning new skills.


On my 3rd tour to Mali I gave up my quad bike for this
new land cruiser.

Refurbishing jaw crusher components.

2 comments:

seydou said...

Morning ,
Your job about Syama is very good ,
I'm seydou sogodogo of Bananso,my village is Bananso but I work in Bamako in the tourisme .
If you decide to visit our country Mali :dogon country ,tombouctou ,Mopti segou djenné ,you can contact me in sogodogo_seydou@yahoo.fr or callme:(00223)79 20 33 76/66 00 72 80.
Iorganized you travel with satisfaction .
My web site is :
www.safeway-travel.net
Than you !!!
seydou!!

seydou said...

Morning,

I'm seydou sogodogo in Mali; I work at Safeway-travel in the tourism.
I'm the tourism responsible and I send you this message for working with your travel agency.
Our side web is www.safeway-travel.net , please I invite to you to do on tour, you will see our products.
My contact is seydou@safeway-travel.net
I want to show Mali to your tourists and have a become your partner in Mali.
I work with many T O around the world.
Thank you for compréhension
Cordiatly